Actuarial Science Program
According to U.S. News Best Jobs Rankings, the actuarial profession is ranked #6 in business jobs and #14 in best STEM jobs. The median salary is $101,560 and the unemployment rate is 1.4%.
The design of the Actuarial Science Program at Morgan State University provides students with various degree options, which gives students the opportunity to explore the actuarial science field as well as the flexibility to apply these risk assessment and management concepts within other disciplines. The program offers a Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science, a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with a concentration in Actuarial Science as well as a minor in Actuarial Science. The curricula sequences in all degree options allow students to apply actuarial skills to their chosen career field, aids in the preparation for exams as well as the option of completing all/most of their Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) courses before graduation.
Benefits to Students:
- Opportunities for full and partial tuition scholarships for qualified students
- Opportunity for internships
- Professional and academic mentoring
- Opportunities to attend professional development workshops
- Opportunities to build professional networks with partnering companies
- Undergraduates enrolled full-time or part-time in a declared major (from list below).
- Maintain minimum 2.0 cumulative G.P.A. and 2.5 major G.P.A.
- Attend professional development workshops
Active Participation in:
- Actuarial Science Program Events
- Gamma Iota Sigma Fraternity
Key Hall Rm 165
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251