Summer Academy of Actuarial and Mathematical Sciences
The Summer Academy of Actuarial and Mathematical Sciences (SAAMS) Program is a rigorous academic enrichment program designed to foster excitement among high school students in Mathematics, Actuarial Science and Computer Science. This pipeline program is within in the Department of Mathematics. The goal of the SAAMS program is to help increase the number of students who will enter mathematics and actuarial science fields. SAAMS students are exposed to interdisciplinary approaches to learning and furthering their education.
Students attend Mathematics, Actuarial Science, and Computer Science classes. Applicants are selected through a competitive application and interview process, and applicants who are accepted into the SAAMS Program are rewarded a stipend. Students experience program-related field trips and professional development sessions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note that this program's modality will be primarily virtual. However, if conditions allow, the final week of the program will be held on campus with room and board provided for the participants.
June 21st - July 30th, 2021
Applications Open December 1st!
Application deadline extended! Application deadline: May 1st, 2021
Take classes related to some of the most valuable college majors!
Average Starting Salaries $100,000* with High Employment Rates
To be considered eligible for the SAAMS program you MUST:
- Be a rising 11th or 12th grader or a graduating high school senior and an incoming freshman at Morgan State University
- Be interested in pursuing a Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or Computer Science degree at Morgan State University
- Coursework in Mathematics and Actuarial Science
- Information on majors and careers in Mathematics, Actuarial Science and Computer Science
- A stipend
- Professional development and other enrichment activities
- Program-related field trips
Application Requirements: (Your application will not be processed until all required materials have been received)
- Completed online application, including student essay (PDF form required)
- Two letters of recommendation (detailed instructions available in the online application)
- Official high school transcript (sent to the SAAMS office)
SAAMS Mailing Address:
Summer Academy of Actuarial and Mathematical Sciences (SAAMS)
Morgan State University
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (443) 885-4961
FAX: (443) 885-8216
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? Check out our FAQs page!
* For actuaries and applied mathematicians (The Washington Times)