The University is currently experiencing intermittent access issues with some of its core systems, including the ability to login to WebSIS App Nav.Learn More
Actuarial Science Program
Morgan State Actuarial Scholarship
For students with a strong math background, Actuarial science can be an amazing career. It is frequently listed as one of the top professions and the average starting salary is in the $75,000-$80,000 range. Morgan State has also partnered with corporate sponsors that offer internships starting freshman year paying as much as $25 per hour.
The Morgan State Actuarial Scholarship is a $20,000 award ($5,000 per year for 4 years).
Morgan State, the only HBCU with a bachelor of science degree in Actuarial Science, has Division 1 athletics and more than 100 student organizations on campus including the “Divine Nine” fraternities and sororities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Application Open - Apply TODAY!
Deadline: March 31, 2024
To be considered eligible for the Morgan State Actuarial Scholarship you MUST:
- Be an incoming Freshman at Morgan State University
- Be interested in pursuing an Actuarial Science degree
- Have a strong background in mathematics
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- A minimum MATH SAT of 600 preferred
- A minimum MATH ACT of 25 preferred
- What is Actuarial Science
- Actuaries begin their career journey with just a bachelor’s degree! However, actuaries remain actuarial students by taking a series of exams that will allow them to define their specified path, and rise in certification and salary: Actuarial Exam Preparation at MSU
- To learn more about the actuarial profession, visit BeAnActuary.org
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Candice Marshall
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Attractive paid internship opportunities exist for actuarial majors, beginning their freshman year.
Key Hall Rm 165
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251