Skip to Content

Morgan launches a national search for its next Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (CIO).

Click here for details

Office of Human Resources

Leaving Morgan?

Resources for Employees Separating from the University

Resources for Supervisors

All employee resignations and retirements must be submitted here: Employee Separation Form

Resources for Faculty Separating from the University

All faculty resignations and retirements must be submitted here: Faculty Separation Form

When will I receive my final paycheck?

Your final paycheck will be treated the same as previous paychecks. Payment will be made on the regularly scheduled payroll date and will be mailed or deposited based on the selection on file when you leave.

What happens to my leave balance(s)?

Annual leave will be paid out according to policy. Generally speaking, for regular staff, up to 400 hours of annual leave carried over from the prior calendar year AND annual leave accrued during the current calendar year are paid out. Payment for leave typically comes on the first or second payroll check date, after the final regular check. Sick and personal leave balances are not eligible for payout upon departure from the University.

When will my benefits end?

If elected, health benefits will end on the last day of the month in which you work your last day. Should your final paycheck not be sufficient to cover the cost of benefit deductions, you will receive an invoice from the State of Maryland for any outstanding balance. Do not confuse this outstanding balance with remitting COBRA payments, as referenced below.

Can I continue my benefits after I leave Morgan?

Yes, in most cases, if you had health coverage when you left you will be able to continue coverage at your own expense (commonly referred to as COBRA).

How do I continue my benefits after leaving Morgan?

Your benefits will continue through the end of the month in which you work your last day. You may continue your benefits coverage into subsequent months by continuing coverage through COBRA.

How do I elect continuation coverage through COBRA?

The State of Maryland Employee Benefits Division administers COBRA continuation of coverage. A COBRA packet will be mailed to your last known address, after your employment ends. You must follow the enrollment instructions in that packet AND remit payment for coverage to be reinstated.

If you intend to elect COBRA continuation of coverage, it is important to understand there will be a period of time when your coverage will appear to be canceled. The COBRA packet is only generated after coverage ends. For the period of time it takes for the packet to be mailed, completed and returned (along with payment), and processed by the Employee Benefits Division – it will appear as if your coverage has ended. Once your COBRA enrollment is processed, your coverage will be reinstated back to the date coverage first ended. This assumes you have completed the COBRA enrollment packet and remitted the appropriate payment.

How do I access my pay stubs?

You have electronic access to your pay stubs through the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC) site. If you are registering for the first time, click on Sign Up. You will need Morgan’s Agency ID (361300) and the advice number or check number from a recent paycheck stub. If you do not have a recent paycheck stub, contact for assistance.

When will you send my W2?

The State of Maryland will issue your W2 Wage & Tax Statement. If you elected to have your statement provided electronically, the State will not mail a duplicate copy. The original will be available on the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC) site. If you did not elect to receive your W2 electronically, the State of Maryland will send your prior year's W2 by regular mail, no later than January 31st of the following year, to the most recent address on file.

I moved since I worked at Morgan. How do I update my address?

You will need to update your address with both Morgan State University and the Central Payroll Bureau.
  a. Send an email to to update your address with Morgan State.
  b. Login to your POSC account and click on the Update Address button to update your address with the Central Payroll Bureau.

How will inquiries regarding my employment be addressed?

The Office of Human Resources routinely responds to verification of employment requests. It is our practice to respond and confirm name, position, and dates of employment only. Salary information will be provided only upon receipt of a written request that contains your approval and authorization to disclose such information. Additional information may be disclosed, as required by law. See our Employment Verification page for more information.