Skip to Content

Master of Social Work


Once you have completed your degree program in social work, you need to prepare for the licensing exam. To practice as a social worker in the U.S., you must be licensed! The social work licensing examinations given throughout the U.S. are overseen by The Association of Social Work Boards. The Association of Social Work Boards' website also contains many answers to common questions regarding the licensing exam and licensure in general.

There are different levels of licensure and each state has different requirements that need to be met. Follow the links below for more information on licensure in your local area. If you are planning to move out of the region after graduation, the Association of Social Work Boards website has information about each of the state requirements.