Office of the Comptroller
The Payroll Office is located in the Tyler Hall Building on the 5th floor. The office processes payroll payments through the State of Maryland Central Payroll Bureau.
Provided below are general guidelines that must be followed to facilitate the processing of payroll payments.
- Contractual and regular paychecks are processed based on timesheets that are submitted by the employee in WEBSIS.
- On special circumstances, paper timesheets can be submitted for prior pay periods. The approver must submit the timesheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. The timesheet will be paid on the following pay period according to the timesheet submission deadline.
- Email reminders are sent out every other Monday as to when timesheets are due.
For questions, please contact the payroll office at 443-885-3026.
Timesheet Submission Guidelines
Regular Employee Time Sheets
All web timesheets for REGULAR employees must be submitted and approved by 5:00 pm onthe last day of the pay period. It is critical that timesheets are submitted on time. All time sheets received after the deadline may have to be processed on the next payroll. If you need to revise or complete a paper timesheet use this link: Employee Timesheet (Regular)
Contractual Employee Time Sheets
Web timesheets for all CONTRACTUAL employees must be submitted and approved by 5:00 pm on the day after the pay period ends. It is crucial that timesheets are submitted on time. All time sheets received after this deadline will be processed on the next payroll. If you need to revise or complete a paper timesheet use this link: Employee Timesheet (Contractual)
- When an employee retires/resigns/is terminated, supervisors please notify email@example.com
- If you are a designated proxy, you are NOT authorized to approve your own time sheet.
- Time sheets cannot be approved PRIOR to the pay period end date. If you submit your timesheet early due to vacation, sick leave, etc., it cannot be APPROVED before the pay period end date.
- All time sheets must be submitted on a bi-weekly basis.
Employees who are found in violation may be subject to sanctions by the University