Obtaining a BEARcard - Faculty & Staff
The Office of Human Resources must provide approval for the issuance of a BEARcard for a faculty or staff member. Please follow this link to initiate the request for a BEARcard: BEARcard Request Form. Once OHR has approved your request, please bring to the BEARcard Center a valid photo ID, such as a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or Military ID to obtain your BEARcard. There's also the option to submit your ID photo online.
Online Photo Submission for Your BEARcard
Send us a photo and a copy of your identification as described below. Once your photo is accepted, we will print your BEARcard and mail it to your current address on file with the University, or you may pick it up from our office on Tuesdays from 08:00 am - 12:00 pm. Submitting a photo is quick and easy, simply follow these steps:
Photo Upload Instructions Click on this link to begin your photo submission process: https://mybearcard.morgan.edu
- Use your Morgan State University network account username and password to login.
- If you are using a web browser on a PC, under the Menu selections on the left, select Submit ID Photo. If you are using a web browser on a mobile device, select ID Photo.
- Under Upload a New Photo, click the button Upload Photo to navigate to the photo that is saved on your device.
- Choose the photo you would like to upload. In the Crop & Confirm window that appears, crop your photo, if necessary, then click Submit.
- When asked, "Submit this photo for approval?", click Submit to complete the photo upload.
- Next, under Upload Identification, click Upload ID to submit an image of your driver's license, passport, or other government issued photo ID. A valid government-issued photo ID is required to receive your campus card.
- Click Choose File to choose the ID image that is saved on your device. Then click Submit.
Only one photo may be submitted. Please contact the BEARcard Center at 443-885-4045 with any questions or concerns regarding the photo upload process.
- Must be a recent photo.
- The photo must be in color taken against a solid white, off-white, or lightly colored background (similar to backgrounds used for State IDs and Driver's Licenses).
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space at the top-edge of the photo (similar to a passport photo).
- Photo must be straight-on and eyes looking directly at the camera (no profile or angled pictures).
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify your person. No hats, sunglasses, camera flash reflections, red-eye, lens flares, filters, animals, props, additional persons, and jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face are allowed.
- JPEG format only
The BEARcard Center reserves the right to reject any photo submitted that is not in compliance with these guidelines. If a valid government-issued photo ID is not uploaded along with your photo submission, your BEARcard cannot be issued.