Obtaining a BEARcard - Students
Online Photo Submission for Your BEARcard
All incoming students should use our online photo submission process to submit their photos for their Morgan State University BEARcard.
Morgan State University requires that all students be issued an official Morgan State University photo identification card. The BEARcard serves as your campus privilege card to University activities and services. It functions as your meal plan card, your library card, your door access card and more.
Send us a photo and a copy of your identification as described below. Submitting a photo is quick and easy. Simply follow these steps and keep in mind the below Photo Guidelines to prevent your photo from being rejected:
Click on this link to begin your photo submission process: https://mybearcard.morgan.edu
- Use your Morgan State University network account username and password to login.
- If you are using a web browser on a PC, under the Menu selections on the left, select Submit ID Photo. If you are using a web browser on a mobile device, select ID Photo.
- Under Upload a New Photo, click the button Upload Photo to navigate to the photo that is saved on your device.
- Choose the photo you would like to upload. In the Crop & Confirm window that appears, crop your photo to meet the below Photo Guidelines, then click Submit.
- When asked, "Submit this photo for approval?", click Submit to complete the photo upload.
- Next, under Upload Identification, click Upload ID to submit an image of your driver's license, passport, or other government issued photo ID. A valid government-issued photo ID is required to receive your campus card.
- Click Choose File to choose the ID image that is saved on your device. Then click Submit.
Be sure to follow the below Photo Guidelines. Once your photo is accepted, you may schedule an appointment to pick up your BEARcard from our office at Tyler Hall Room 306 using this link - Schedule BEARcard Appointment
FOR ACCESS ORIENTATION STUDENTS ONLY: Your BEARcard will be printed and provided to you when you check into your residence hall for your scheduled ACCESS Orientation week.
Only one photo may be submitted. Please contact the BEARcard Center at 443-885-4045 with any questions or concerns regarding the photo upload process.
- Must be a recent photo.
- The photo must be in color taken against a solid white, off-white, or lightly colored background (similar to backgrounds used for State IDs and Driver's Licenses).
- Please make sure that the photo is cropped properly. The photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space at the top-edge of the photo (similar to a passport photo).
- Photo must be straight-on and eyes looking directly at the camera (no profile or angled pictures).
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify your person. No hats, sunglasses, camera flash reflections, red-eye, lens flares, filters, animals, props, additional persons, and jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face are allowed.
- JPEG format only
The BEARcard Center reserves the right to reject any photo submitted that is not in compliance with these guidelines.
Tyler Hall, Room 306
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
08:00 AM - 12:30 PM
01:30 PM - 04:45 PM