Skip to Content

Department of Political Science & International Studies

Advising and Registration


Seeing your advisor is an opportunity for you to develop a relationship with your advisor and for your advisor to get to know you.  You are assigned an advisor based on your classification and last name.  First-year students are advised by the College of Liberal Arts Recruitment and Retention Office.

You must meet with your advisor to receive your pin number which allows you to register.  This number changes every semester, so you should meet with your advisor at least once per semester to schedule your classes and to receive your pin.  Check Degree Works to make sure you are taking the required classes.  Meeting with your advisor will help to keep you on track to graduate on time. 

You may have a hold on your account if you do not meet with your advisor to receive your pin.



  1. Change of Major Form- This form is found on the Registrar’s website.  Use this form to change your major, add or delete a minor, or choose a track. "General Political Science" is the track you should select.
  2. Excess Credits Request Form- Use this form to request to take more than 18 credits. You will not be approved if you have less than a 3.0 GPA. Consult with your advisor to make this decision.
  3. Permission To Take Class Off-Campus Form- Fill this form out BEFORE seeking to take a class at another university. Please be ready to upload a course description for the course that will be taken off-campus. Select Alice Jackson as the Major Chairperson. Select the Course Chairperson by finding out the name of the Department Chairperson that offers the Course at Morgan. For example, if you want to take a Foreign Language Course off-campus, you would select Dr. Helen Harrison (Chair of World Languages) as the Course Chairperson. A quick search of the Morgan website can help you to find out this information. More information about this process can be found on the Registrar's website.
  4. Academic Petition Review- Fill out this form, with the help of your advisor, if you seek to have a course substituted within the General Education Curriculum.
  5. To submit missing transcripts from other schools, email your transcript to or
  6. Political Science Curriculum Sequence

You should consult this document to see the recommended sequence of classes for you to graduate on time.

  1. Registration Instructions- This is a PDF that shows you how to register for classes using WEBSIS.