National Transportation Center
MDOT-Morgan State University Graduate School Internship
The 2020-2021 cycle of this program is on hiatus due to the Covid-19 virus and the resulting state hiring freeze.
The Maryland Department of Transportation-Morgan State University Graduate School Internship is designed to give graduate students meaningful and practical experience in a transportation agency.
The year-long, paid internship is open to students pursuing post-graduate degrees in engineering, transportation, landscape architecture, finance, and information technology. Interns work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Placement opportunities are available at
- the Maryland Aviation Administration
- Maryland Port Administration
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- State Highway Administration
- Maryland Transportation Authority
- the secretary's office at MDOT Headquarters
Interns function as junior-level analysts or planners under the direct supervision of a senior staff member.