Screenwriting & Animation
Screenwriting and Animation (SWAN) is Morgan's cinematic arts and sciences major and the most technology immersive program in the College of Liberal Arts (CLA). Much more than just a film major, SWAN lays the groundwork for evolving artists, filmmakers, and content producers to forge career paths in entertainment, education, science, and business at a time when visual storytelling is the dominant narrative form of the 21st Century.
A Welcome Video for the College of Liberal Arts at Morgan State.
The SWAN major has three concentrations:
- The Computer Animation concentration requires courses in 2D and 3D animation, motion design, storyboarding, web design, multimedia scripting, and games.
- The Integrated Media Writing (Screenwriting) and Animation concentration requires courses in drawing and illustration, courses in graphic comics, and more graphics art based practice in computer animation and the media arts.
- The Film and Television Writing (Screenwriting) concentration requires greater immersion in applied theory and practice in writing and content production for film/TV and multimedia, including documentary and drama.
All concentrations include:
- Film studies
- Visual storytelling and writing
- Entrepreneurship and independent filmmaking
- Ethical business practices for the industry
- Fluency in writing and creative expression
- Production field experience, and post-production workflow and assembly
- Majors take two computer science courses
- Producing webisodes, short films and documentaries, as well as informational and corporate videos
- Introductory animation workshop, and introductory and intermediate editing courses
A brief chat with Dezimond Fisher, 2020 SWAN graduate.