Dr. Hua Deng
Office: Dixon Research Center 108
Phone: (443) 885-5030
Ph.D. Jackson State University, 2016
M.S. Guangxi Normal University, 2012
B.S. Minzu University of China, 2009
Nanoscience. The main interest is to prepare and modify metal nanoparticles, understand their biological effect, explore their toxicity and environmental fate, and to design metal nanoparticles based nanomaterials for biomedical applications.
Selected Publications (Total: 14, h-Index 5, citations: 120):
- H. Deng, Y. Zhang, H. Yu, Nanoparticles considered as mixtures for toxicological research, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part C 2018, 36 (1), https://doi.org/10.1080/10590501.2018.1418792.
- H. Deng, H. Yu, Self-assembly of rhodamine 6G on silver nanoparticles, Chemical Physics Letters 2018, 692 (16), 75-80.
- H. Deng, D. McShan, Y. Zhang, S. Sinha, Z. Arslan, P. Ray, H. Yu, Mechanistic study of the synergistic antibacterial activity of combined silver Nanoparticles and common antibiotics, Environ. Sci. Technol. 2016, 50 (16), 8840-8848.
- H. Deng, S. Wang, X. Wang, C. Du, X. Shen, Y. Wang, F. Cui, Two competitive nucleation mechanisms of calcium carbonate biomineralization in response to surface functionality in low calcium ion concentration solution. Regenerative Biomaterials 2015, 2 (3), 187-195.
- H. Deng, X. Shen, X. Wang, C. Du, Calcium carbonate crystallization controlled by functional groups: A mini-review. Frontiers of Materials Science 2013, 7 (1), 62-68.
- H. Deng, X. Wang, C. Du, X. Shen, F. Cui, Combined effect of ion concentration and functional groups on surface chemistry modulated CaCO 3 crystallization. CrystEngComm 2012, 14 (20), 6647-6653.
For a complete publication list, visit https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WaDVVrUAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
Dr. Fasil Abebe
Graduate Program Coordinator:
Dr. Santosh Mandal
Morgan State University
Department of Chemistry
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
E: Email the Department