If you have any questions or require assistance with this process; email us at email@example.com.
Office of the Registrar
NOTICE: Official Transcripts will not update with Spring 2022 term information such as Degree Awarded, Final Grades, GPA, etc., until end of term processing is completed for all students on June 1, 2022, @ 5 pm. Official transcripts ordered before this date and missing term information, will not be reissued or refunded.
We strongly encourage those ordering transcripts to select the electronic version, if that option is available to you (see below for details). Those who cannot and those who opt not to, select the electronic pdf version should know that mailed transcripts delivery times may be impacted by the current challenges USPS is facing with sorting and distribution. Standard delivery is via US Postal service and does not have tracking. Delivery times may be impacted by the current challenges USPS is facing with sorting and distribution.
Parchment Inc., our vendor, will facilitate your request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click on the Official MSU Transcript link below (you may also access this site through myMSU/Websis). Parchment Inc. uses current web encryption technology to secure your information. All financial obligations to the University must be cleared before a transcript request can be placed; if you receive a hold message, contact the appropriate office to make satisfactory arrangements to resolve the hold so that your order can be placed.
Please read this information prior to placing your order:
- All orders for transcripts must be placed in this portal; regardless of the dates of attendance.
- Students who attended before Fall 2006 cannot elect to order an electronic transcript; you must order a paper transcript. If you select the electronic option, your order will be canceled and your card will not be charged however, it will delay processing as you will need to place a new order.
- Each copy of an official transcript costs $8 and is payable by credit card.
- Please note that orders placed with FedEx shipping will be sent on our next processing day and the tracking information will be made available in the Parchment account. Fed Ex does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. If you enter a P.O. Box for a Fed Ex order it will be canceled and you will not be charged; however, it will delay processing as you will need to place an new order.
- You can check the status of your order at any time by clicking "Order Status" on the top navigation menu in the ordering portal.
- If you are setting up your account for the first time, we strongly advise you to use a personal email address (do not use your MSU email address to set up your account). If you already have an account that you've set up using your MSU email address, change it to a personal email address before you graduate or lose access to your MSU email address.
- E-transcripts are not available for transcripts prior to 2006. If you place an e-transcript order and it cannot be fulfilled, your order will be canceled and your card will not be charged. You will be required to place a new order for a paper transcript causing delays in the fulfillment of your request.
- Please be advised that the University cannot be held responsible for transcripts sent to an erroneous email or physical mailing address. If a paper transcript is returned as undeliverable, the Office of the Registrar will send an email of the account from which the order was placed. Returned transcripts will not be re-packaged and re-sent; uncollected transcripts will be destroyed after 90 days, and a new transcript will need to be ordered.
- E-transcripts have 3 downloads and are available for one month after the order is placed. If the document is not retrieved and it expires, a new order will need to be placed.
- If you can no longer access your Parchment email account (ex. Morgan email) for password reset, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a new email address, last 4 of SSN, and a valid photo ID.
If you are an investigator with a signed release, please select the Investigator Transcript Request link.
Office of the Registrar
Morgan State University
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251