Office of the Registrar
NOTICE: Official Transcripts will not update with Summer 2023 term information such as Degree Awarded, Final Grades, GPA recalculation, etc., until end of term processing is completed for all students on August 8, 2023, @ 5 pm. Official transcripts ordered before this date and missing term information will not be reissued or refunded.
We strongly encourage those ordering transcripts to select the electronic version if that option is available to you (see below for details). Those who cannot and those who opt not to, select the electronic pdf version should know that mailed transcripts delivery times may be impacted by the current challenges USPS is facing with sorting and distribution. Standard delivery is via U.S. Postal Service and does not have tracking.
Morgan State University has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely. Clicking This service allows requestors to place their request 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. If you receive a hold message when attempting to place your order, contact the appropriate office to make satisfactory arrangements to resolve the hold so that your order can be placed.
Please read this information prior to placing your order:
- All orders for transcripts must be placed in this portal; regardless of the dates of attendance.
- The official transcript will display the legal name on your record. If you need to update the name on record, please complete a Personal Information Update form. You should wait until you have confirmation that the name change has been made before placing your order.
- Each copy of an official transcript costs $8 and is payable by credit card only.
- Please note that orders placed with FedEx shipping will be sent on our next processing day and the tracking information will be made available in the Parchment account. Fed Ex does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. If you enter a P.O. Box for a Fed Ex order, it will be canceled.
- You can check the status of your order at any time by clicking "Order Status" in the ordering portal.
- If you are setting up your account for the first time, we strongly advise you to use a personal email address (do not use your MSU email address to set up your account). If you already have an account that you've set up using your MSU email address, change it to a personal email address before you graduate or lose access to your MSU email address.
- E-transcripts may not be available for some transcripts prior to 2006. If you place an e-transcript order and it cannot be fulfilled, your order will be canceled and your card will not be charged. You will be required to place a new order for a paper transcript causing delays in the fulfillment of your request.
- Please be advised that the University cannot be held responsible for transcripts sent to an erroneous email or physical mailing address. If a paper transcript is returned as undeliverable, the Office of the Registrar will send an email to the account from which the order was placed. Returned transcripts will not be re-packaged and re-sent; uncollected transcripts will be destroyed after 90 days, and a new transcript will need to be ordered.
- E-transcripts are available for unlimited downloads for thirty (30) days after the order is placed. If the document is not retrieved and it expires, a new order will need to be placed; a refund will not be provided if the service was fulfilled.
- If you created an account previously and can no longer access it: you should create a new account through the Parchment portal.
- We have created a visual aid to assist you with placing an order.
To place an order visit the MSU Official Transcript Ordering Page by clicking the button below.
If you are an investigator with a signed release, select "Ordering on behalf of someone else", create an account, and upload your signed release.
If you have any questions or require assistance with this process; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are on-campus and seeking in-person assistance, visit the Bear Essentials One Stop Center on the second level of Tyler Hall and check in at the kiosk to be assisted.
Office of the Registrar
Morgan State University
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251