Morgan State University considers the health and welfare of our campus community and guests to be of the utmost importance. While there are currently no confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) at Morgan State University, we are making efforts to ensure the safety of our campus community and our guests.
As such, the Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMASS) will not be offering face to face services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Additional information on how Morgan is handling this situation can be found at https://www.morgan.edu/coronavirus.
The Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMASS) at Morgan State University includes the following departments.
- Office of Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment, in collaboration with other campus units, strives to attract and enroll qualified, talented and diverse undergraduate students. The office is committed to providing exceptional service to students and educational partners in an effort to highlight Morgan's dedication to excellence.
- Office of Transfer Student Programming is responsible for the coordination of and support of students in the Connect, and NEXUS programs, as well as the Tau Sigma National Honor Society. Additionally TSP coordinates and hosts transfer student orientation introducing newly admitted transfer students to support services and university life at Morgan State.
- Office of Financial Aid administers financial aid programs and services to students and their families, striving to increase affordability and enhance student enrollment and graduation.
- Office of the Registrar is the steward of official student academic records and is responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and security of those records under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The office also manages the Student Services Welcome Center and provides Veteran and Transfer Evaluation & Articulation Services.
- Center for Academic Success and Achievement (CASA) promotes and enhances the academic and personal development of all Morgan State University students through professional academic advisement, peer tutoring, and supplemental instruction programs. CASA also runs CASA Academy, a summer bridge program.
- Office of Student Success and Retention works in collaboration with all of the academic schools/colleges and the various academic support programs of the University to provide continuous, quality support for undergraduate students from matriculation to graduation. The goal of this comprehensive program is to increase student retention rates and persistence to graduation with a focus on academic success and achievement through early intervention and systematic tracking of undergraduate students.
- Office of Strategic Enrollment Partnerships develops partnerships with the goal of increasing access to college. The office coordinates the University's dual enrollment program, which allows eligible high school students to earn college credit while still in high school.
- Office of Student Leadership and Scholar Development works to develop professional and leadership skills of high-achieving students through individualized and structured advising and through leadership opportunities such as the President's Leadership Circle and Scholars' Council. A special focus of the office is to prepare high-achieving students to apply for prestigious scholar programs.
From welcoming prospective students for campus visits, to helping students find ways to finance their education, from advising students on what courses to take, to processing their transcripts and mailing their diplomas, EMASS guides students through the processes necessary to apply to, enroll in and graduate from Morgan State University. Departments within EMASS partner with other offices throughout the university which are equally committed to creating and sustaining a culture of student success.
Let us know how we can help you succeed at Morgan State University.
Kara Miles Turner, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMASS)