Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Morgan State University plans to resume operations at full capacity in the fall 2021 semester.
- COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all students, faculty, and staff returning to campus for fall semester. Additional information on the vaccine requirement can be found online HERE.
- Those on campus must continue to wear a mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination status, in accordance with Baltimore City public health guidelines. Visitors must wear a mask at all times.
CURRENT ON-CAMPUS REQUIREMENTS
To manage campus occupancy for health and safety, a Campus Registry has been developed, identifying those individuals who will be on campus. Only those on the campus registry are approved to come to campus. Students who have permission to be on campus are added to the registry with the authorization of Residence Life, Student Affairs or Academic Affairs. MSU faculty and staff, if you need to be added to the registry, please fill out the form that can be found online HERE.
As a requirement to access campus, students and employees must:
- WEAR A MASK while indoors and follow the COVID-19 precautions, found online HERE.
- Participate in Daily COVID-19 Screening Questions. At this time, students and employees should go to Montebello to answer these screening questions. In the near future, a mobile-based app will be used to answer the screening questions
- Participate in Diagnostic COVID-19 Testing and Contact Tracing. On-campus students and employees are required to participate in COVID-19 testing. MSU is closely monitoring the positivity rates. Information on the week’s testing activities can be seen below.
- Participate in the SafetySkills COVID-19 Awareness Training. Instructions for logging into SafetySkills can be found online HERE.
Additional details on the Daily COVID-19 Screening Questions and COVID-19 Testing can be found online HERE.
NOTE: On-campus requirements are subject to change.
FALL 2021 PHASED EMPLOYEE RETURN TO CAMPUS
In order to safely prepare for the fall semester, the University is using a phased approach for reopening the campus for employees.
- Phase I will begin on July 6, 2021 with those Units that must prepare for the return and enrollment of students for the fall semester
- Phase II will begin on August 2, 2021 with the return of all other faculty and staff in preparation to welcome our students to a new academic year. By no later than August 2, all offices that serve students, faculty or other customers should be open weekdays during core business hours, 8:30 AM - 5 PM.
Effective August 1, employees, who access campus, will be required to be fully vaccinated. Additional information on the vaccine requirement can be found HERE.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- General Questions: email@example.com
- COVID-19 Testing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Health Center: email@example.com
- Counseling Center: (443)885-3130
- Enrollment Management & Student Success: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: OHR@morgan.edu
- CDC FAQs on COVID-19
- Baltimore City Health Department
- Maryland Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Information Portal