Coronavirus Information & Resources
- For the Fall 2022 semester, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students and employees. New students and employees must submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or receive an approved vaccine exemption. View details on the vaccine requirement.
- Effective August 1, unvaccinated students and employees will be required to test once per week. Testing will be conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. View details on testing and scheduling a test.
- Masks are required in classroom settings, on BEARtransit, and in campus medical settings. Additionally, anyone who is positive, has COVID-19 symptoms, or has been in close contact to someone with COVID-19 is required to wear a mask.
FALL ON-CAMPUS REQUIREMENTS
UPDATED: July 11, 2022
Students and employees must adhere to the following health & safety guidelines:
- GET VACCINATED. All students and employees on campus must get vaccinated or receive an exemption. New students and employees must submit proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or receive an approved vaccine exemption by January 14, 2022. View details on the vaccine requirement.
- Booster shots are strongly encouraged for everyone ages 18 and older. A booster shot increases protection against severe illness for many COVID-19 variants.
- Masks are required in the following settings:
- Classroom settings, including shared laboratory spaces and other instructional spaces. This measure remains in place out of an abundance of caution, given the increased density over a prolonged period in many instructional settings. Instructors may remove their masks while teaching, provided they maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- All public transportation, including BEARtransit.
- All campus medical settings, including the University Health Center or Montebello Testing Site.
- Anyone who is positive, has COVID-19 symptoms, or has been in close contact to someone with COVID-19 is required to wear a mask.
- Masks are strongly encouraged while indoors in close proximity to others, particularly for unvaccinated individuals and those who are not up to date with the vaccine; individuals at risk of severe COVID-19 infection, including older adults and immunocompromised; and vaccinated individuals who reside with unvaccinated individuals or immunocompromised individuals. KN95 masks offer an additional level of protection and are available for pickup (Monday – Friday) at the following location: CBEIS, University Student Center, Montebello Complex, and Earl Graves School of Business & Management. Bring your BEARcard for mask pickup. View details on KN95 masks.
- STAY HOME IF SICK. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to campus. Isolate or quarantine consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Participate in Diagnostic COVID-19 Testing and Contact Tracing. Un-vaccinated students and employees who are accessing campus, must participate in COVID-19 testing. Effective August 1, unvaccinated students and employees will be required to test once per week. Employees who are vaccinated may be required to test if asked as part of larger campus monitoring efforts. View details on testing and scheduling a test. Information on the week’s testing activities can be seen below.
All employees are required to comply with the COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols, Compliance & Enforcement Procedures. MSU will enforce non-compliance of these protocols (applicable to non-bargaining unit employees).
NOTE: On-campus requirements are subject to change.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- General Questions: email@example.com
- COVID-19 Testing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Health Center: email@example.com
- Enrollment Management & Student Success: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: OHR@morgan.edu