Center for Continuing and Professional Studies
Welcome to the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies!
As Executive Director of the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS), I am honored to welcome you to our website and I invite you to learn more about our programs.
The mission of the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS) is to serve the lifelong educational needs of traditional and non-traditional students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, professional, and personal growth aspirations.
Established in 1963, CCPS has a rich history of administering several scholarships, and adult, professional, and community outreach programs.
Our program offerings include:
- Bernard Osher Reentry Scholarship
- Crankstart Reentry Scholarship
- Improved Opportunities for Parents
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Continuing Education Honor Societyr
- Online Personal Enrichment Courses
- Online Career Training Courses
- Continuing Education Units/Professional Development Hours (CEUs/PDHs)
- Summer Programs
The Center also offers a myriad of opportunities to learners who may want to advance in their careers or stay updated in their professional field. We offer an array of online non-credit and career training courses that prepare individuals for opportunities in new careers and/or enhance their skills in a number of areas.
Our online training programs, for professions, in high demand include:
- Health Care Certificate Programs (i.e. Patient Care Technician)
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Dental Assistant
- Construction and Trades
- Information Technology
Please explore our site and connect with us through social media.
Nilajah Nyasuma Sims, Ed.D.