Dr. Sheela Thiruvadi
Office: GSBM 570
Ph.D. Florida International University - Accounting (Information Systems minor), 2008
Dr. Sheela Thiruvadi is a Professor at the Earl G Graves School of Business and Management. Her teaching interests include auditing, financial accounting, forensic accounting, and accounting information systems. She uses innovative techniques in her class. Sheela's research interests have spanned areas related to audit, gender, accounting information systems and corporate governance. She has published in many accounting and business related journals including Accounting Horizons, Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting, Gender in Management, Information Technology Journal, International Journal of Public Information Systems, Journal of Forensic Studies in Accounting and Business and International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences. Sheela has served as a board member on ISACA Central Maryland chapter from 2009 to 2013, as well as a member of the American Accounting Association Mid-Atlantic Region Steering Committee from 2009 to 2017.
Accounting Information Systems
Omar, A., Thiruvadi, S., Makkawi, B., & Carter, K. E. (2022). The Association Between Audit Committee Financial Expert Characteristics and Audit Fees. American Journal of Management, 22(2), 85-95.
Carter, K. E., & Thiruvadi, S. (2021). Spillover Effects of Political Connectedness and Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from the Trump Administration. American Journal of Management, 21(2), 57-70.
Thiruvadi, S., Thiruvadi, S., & Carter, K. E. (2021). Audit Committee Chair Characteristics and Real Earnings Management. Journal of Accounting & Finance, 21(4), 1-13.
- Lin, J., Huang, S., & Thiruvadi, S. (2016). Attitudes of Activist Shareholders, Securities Fraud, and Stock Market Reactions. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 8 (1), 75-105.
- Thiruvadi, S. (2016). Free Cash Flows and Internal Control Weakness. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 8 (1), 49-67.
- El-Mahdy, D. & Thiruvadi, S. (2014). Antecedents, Characteristics and Consequences of Internal Control Deficiencies: A Comprehensive Framework. Journal of Forensic Studies in Accounting and Business, 6 (11).
- Radhakrishnan, A., Thiruvadi, S., & David, D. (2013). An Improved Measurement Model for Internal Integration: A Systems and Contingency Approach. International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences, 4 (4), 85-105.
- Thiruvadi, S. (2012). Gender Differences and Audit Committee Diligence. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 27 (6).
- Thiruvadi, S. & Huang, H. (2011). Audit Committee Gender Differences and Earnings Management. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 26 (7), 483-498.
- Barua, A., Davidson, L., Dasaratha, R., & Thiruvadi, S. (2010). CFO Gender and Accruals Quality. Accounting Horizons, 24 (1), 25-39.
- Thiruvadi, S. & Patel, S. C. (2010). Survey of Data Mining Techniques used in Fraud Detection. Information Technology Journal, 10 (4), 710-716.
- Huang, H., HongyuShih, H., Thiruvadi, S., & Song, Y. (2010). A Preliminary Research on the Lifestyle of International Students. US China Education Review, 1 (3), 401-411.
- HUANG, H. & Thiruvadi, S. (2010). Audit Committee Characteristics and Corporate Fraud. International Journal of Public Information Systems, 1, 11.