- Ph.D. in Business Administration (Accounting), Baruch College, City University of New York, September 2016
- Master of Science of Accountancy (cum laude), University of Notre Dame, May 2010
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Accountancy and Minor in Applied Mathematics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, May 2009
Dr. Liu is an Assistant Professor in Accounting at the Department of Accounting and Finance at Morgan State University since 2019. Prior to joining Morgan State, Dr. Liu worked as an assistant professor at the Adelphi University in New York. She obtained her Ph.D. in Accounting degree at Baruch College, City University of New York in 2016. She also has a Bachelor in Business Administration (Accounting) from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and a Master in Science in Accountancy from the University of Notre Dame. Dr. Liu has taught various accounting courses including the Principles of Accounting I, Principles of Accounting II, Cost Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis. Dr. Liu's research interests include empirical financial accounting topics related to auditing, ethics, firm disclosures, managerial characteristics and capital market, etc. Her work on the information content of auditor going-concern opinion over firm life cycle has been published in the journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting in August, 2020. She also has several papers under review at the Journal of Business Ethics, Review of Accounting and Finance, Accounting Research Journal, etc.. Dr. Liu's work have been accepted for presentation at various academic conferences including the American Accounting Association Annual Meetings, the American Accounting Association Regional Meetings (Southeast and Mid-Atlantic), Hawaii Accounting Research Conference, Annual Conference on Pacific Basin Finance, Economics, Accounting and Management.
Empirical financial accounting research in the area of auditing, managerial characteristics, and capital market including the stock price crash and jump risk.
- Yu Zhou, Jiaxin Liu, Yakun Wang & Wen Zhang (2022) “Do charitable auditors deliver better audit quality? Evidence from Chinese CPAs”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, DOI: 10.1080/16081625.2022.2026233
- Lei, D., & Liu, J. (2022). “The role of financial reporting quality in selecting new audit committee member”, Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 33:52-71.
- Zhou, Y., Liu, J.and Lei, D. (2022), "The effect of financial reporting regimes on audit report lags and audit fees: evidence from firms cross-listed in the USA", Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Vol. and No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JFRA-09-2021-0261.
- Liu, J.and Lei, D. (2021), "Managerial ability and stock price crash risk – the role of managerial overconfidence", Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 167-193.
- Bakarich, K., Liu, J., & Weintrop, J. (2020). At what life-cycle stage does the auditors' going concern report add value?. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 1-29.