Skip to Content

Office Of Study Abroad

For Students

Study Abroad Interest Form

Congratulations on your decision to explore study/ internship/ volunteer abroad opportunities at Morgan State University!

In preparation for your first meeting, please take a few minutes to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know what you are interested in.

The Study Abroad Interest Form will help us give you the most appropriate advice as you investigate studying abroad.

Note: You need to use your Morgan e-mail to access the form.

Why Study Abroad?

  • Learn about yourself and become more self-aware
  • Boost your self-confidence and independence
  • Expand your worldview
  • Discover new things about your own culture
  • Learn another language
  • Strengthen adaptability, communications, and team-building skills
  • Enhance your career opportunities
  • Experience another culture firsthand and enhance your cross-cultural competency
  • Make new friends from around the world
  • Travel

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

U.S. Passport is valid for international travel by air, sea or land. As you prepare to participate in a study abroad program, one of the first things you should do is to obtain a passport as soon as possible - as this can take approximately six weeks to process.

For first time applicants the cost of a passport is $135. If you are renewing your passport, the cost is $110.

To apply for a passport, you will need:

  • A completed passport application which can be obtained at any U.S. Post Office or you can have the Center for Global Studies and Exchange to provide you with a contact at the nearest Passport Office.
  • Passport application fee
  • Valid proof of citizenship, such as an expired U.S. passport, a certified (original) birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of citizenship, or Consular Report of birth abroad of a citizen of the United States.
  • Proof of identity, such as a valid driver's license or a government-issued identification card which identify you by physical description or photograph.
  • You will also need two identical 2 x 2-inch passport-size photographs - taken within six months of applying for your passport.

Please bear in mind that most countries require that your passport be valid for six months beyond the dates of your trip.

For more information on applying for a U.S. passport, visit: