Office of Safety, Health & Environment
Morgan State University (MSU) is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all members of the campus community. The Office of Safety, Health & Environment (OSHE) is responsible for developing and maintaining programs that comply with applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- The Laboratory Safety Program focuses on maintaining a safe and healthy environment in all research and instructional laboratories at Morgan State University.
- The Laboratory Safety Program is guided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Laboratory Standard, 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.1450.
- The Environmental Management Program focuses on campus-wide compliance with federal and state regulations.
- The Environmental Management Program is guided by CFR Title 40, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) Title 26, Department of Environment.
- The Workplace Safety Program focuses on campus-wide compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
- The Workplace Safety Program is guided by OSHA Standards, CFR Title 29 Part 1910.
Fire & Life Safety
- The Fire & Life Safety program focuses on the preservation and protection of life and property from fire, explosion, and natural hazards.
- The Fire & Life Safety is guided by the National Fire Protection Association.