Academic Technology Services
Teach Online is an online training course designed for higher education instructors who have experience teaching in the traditional (face-to-face) classroom and are interested in transitioning to online teaching. Scroll down to complete the registration form.
This four-week online course explores online learning principles and instructor competencies. Participants will have the opportunity to experience online learning from the students' perspective, as they explore and master specific competencies needed to facilitate their own online course. Topics include the following:
- Orienting students to the online learning environment
- Basic instructional design principles as applied to the facilitation of online courses
- Pedagogical approaches to facilitate online learning
- Social processes and presence
- Facilitating online discussions
- Technical and Learning Management System (LMS) skills are included
- Participants will also develop a plan for their continued professional development
- This course is intended to introduce instructors to teaching (facilitating) an online course that has already been developed. This course does not train faculty on how to develop an online course. Instructors who would like to develop an online course should contact the Morgan Online Program (x4720) in order to register for the Quality Matters Online Course Design or Hybrid Course Design workshops.
Instructional Technology Specialist