Message from the Director
Welcome and congratulations on your decision to continue your education, and thank you for considering Morgan State for your graduate studies in landscape architecture. Established in 1979, we are proud to be the oldest accredited landscape architecture program in Maryland, and the only Master of Landscape Architecture offered at a Historically Black Institution. Situated within the School of Architecture + Planning, our goal is to prepare you for impactful citizenship and meaningful professional practice, whether in business, with a public or research agency, or at a non-profit organization. Through collaborative projects, creative works, scholarly research, and community engagement, we exemplify Morgan's role as the preeminent public urban university serving the citizens and lands of Baltimore, the state of Maryland, and the Chesapeake Bay region. Our geographic location offers a range of environments for learning and reflection, and considerable internships and employment opportunities for you while yenrolled and upon graduation. Other distinctions and advantages of studying landscape architecture at Morgan State include:
- a commitment to design that respects heritage and encourages innovation;
- a learning environment that fosters interdisciplinary interaction and collaboration;
- a vibrant and personalized studio experience with a faculty/student ratio of 1:10;
- an approach to design education that catalyzes learning through professional immersion in the city and region;
- a distinguished faculty, accessible to students and devoted to their work;
- a supportive, engaged, and inclusive student body; and
- a talented and motivated alumni community who are leaders in their field.
We invite you to visit our program pages to learn more about us, the profession of landscape architecture, and the Morgan State community. And if you have questions, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us @land.arch.morgan.
We look forward to hearing from you,