Dr. Alexander Samokhvalov
Office: Calloway Hall 203
Phone: (443) 885-4963
Ph.D. Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 2003
M.Sc. and B.Sc. Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1992
Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) as new chemical platform for encapsulation and controlled delivery of anti-cancer drugs. Chemical mechanisms of adsorption/encapsulation, controlled release, and surface reactions of MOFs with anti-cancer drugs and other biomolecules. Development of new Operando and in-situ nondestructive methods of analysis in heterogeneous media such as suspensions, colloidal solutions and biological tissues. Environmental applications of MOFs and associated chemical mechanisms.
Adsorption on Mesoporous Metal-Organic Frameworks in Solution for Clean Energy, Environment and Healthcare, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, ISBN 9781498765268, https://www.crcpress.com/Adsorption-on-Mesoporous-Metal-Organic-Frameworks-in-Solution-for-Clean/Samokhvalov/p/book/9781498765268.
Selected Publications (Total: 39, h-Index 19):
- Samokhvalov, A. (2018). Aluminum Metal–Organic Frameworks for Sorption in Solution: A Review. Coord. Chem. Rev., 374, 236-253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccr.2018.06.011.
- Grinnell, C., and Samokhvalov, A. (2018). Exploring electronic structure of aluminum metal-organic framework Basolite A100: The solid-state synchronous fluorescence spectroscopy reveals new charge excitation/relaxation pathways, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., Advance Article. https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2018/cp/c8cp04988b#!divAbstract.
- Samokhvalov, A. Adsorption on Mesoporous MOFs in Solution: Aromatic and Heterocyclic Compounds. Chem. Eur. J., 21, 16726-16742, 2015.
- Dai, J., McKee, M.L., Samokhvalov, A. Fluorescence of A100 MOF and Adsorption of Water, Indole, and Naphthalene on A100 by the Spectroscopic, Kinetic, and DFT Studies. J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 2491-2502, 2015.
- Dai, J., McKee, M.L., Samokhvalov, A. Adsorption of Naphthalene and Indole on F300 MOF in Liquid Phase by the Complementary Spectroscopic, Kinetic and DFT Studies. J. Porous Mat, 21, 709-727, 2014.
- Demir, M., McKee, M.L., Samokhvalov, A. Interactions of Thiophenes with C300 Basolite MOF in Solution by the Temperature-programmed Adsorption and Desorption, Spectroscopy and Simulations, Adsorption, 20, 829-842, 2014.
- Samokhvalov, A., Tatarchuk, B.J. Review of Experimental Characterization of Active Sites and Determination of Molecular Mechanisms of Adsorption, Desorption and Regeneration of the Deep and Ultradeep Desulfurization Sorbents for Liquid Fuels. Cat. Rev. - Sci. Eng., 52, 381-410, 2010.
- Samokhvalov, A., Hong, L., Liu, Y., Garguilo, J., Nemanich, R. J., Edwards, G. S., Simon, J. D. Oxidation Potentials of Human Eumelanosomes and Pheomelanosomes, Photochem. Photobiol. 81(1), 145-148, 2005.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=jnBB2fIAAAAJ&hl=en
Dr. Pumtiwitt McCarthy
Graduate Program Coordinator:
Dr. Santosh Mandal
Morgan State University
Department of Chemistry
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
E: Email the Department