Center for Academic Success and Achievement
CASA Academy Participation Information
Once the student has registered for CASA Academy, they are enrolled in a sequence of non-credit courses designed to strengthen the student's background in English, Mathematics, and Analytical and Critical Reading (ALCR). Students will also be introduced to a strengths-based orientation seminar designed to help build students' awareness of their natural talents.
CASA Academy is an academically intense and rigorous residential program. The 2024 program dates are Saturday, June 29th, to Friday, August 2nd, 2024. Participants' primary purpose and goal of participating in CASA Academy are to improve their skill development in the identified core areas in order to gain admission to the University.
Students in CASA Academy must agree to meet the following standards:
- All students must take the following courses during CASA Academy: English, Math, Analytical and Critical Reading, and an Orientation course.
- Students must attend all scheduled CASA Academy courses.
- All students must live in the residence halls during CASA Academy.
- Students must pass all CASA Academy courses with a minimum grade of "C" or 70% to be eligible to gain admission to the University.
- Students must participate in all mandatory tutoring sessions, workshops, and activities.
- Adhere to the University's and CASA Academy's Code of Student Conduct
Morgan State University's CASA Academy is only open to high school seniors who have completed the Morgan State University undergraduate application for admission and have received a letter from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment indicating their status as a CASA Academy referral.
Note: Students are advised to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment at 443-885-8500 or email@example.com if they are unsure about their admission status.
TO ACCEPT YOUR 2024 CASA ACADEMY INVITATION:
- Click here to Complete the CASA Academy Participation Agreement
- Submit your $800 non-refundable payment (Neither FAFSA nor CASA covers the fee or offers fee waivers or scholarships for the application fee.)
- You can make payment in 3 ways: In-Person, via Money Order, Credit/Debit Card via Phone, or Split payment via Credit/Debit Card Online. To find out more information, click Here.
- Submit your Health Entrance Certificate and full Immunization Records to the University Health Center by Friday, June 14, 2024. To find out how to complete and submit the necessary health forms, please visit the health center website linked Here. Email all completed copies of your necessary health forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 14th (Subject line: Full name and SID CASA Academy 2024).
If you have any questions, please email us at CASA@morgan.edu or call 443-885-1440.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE FALL 2024
All students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 1st. Visit the Office of Financial Aid website at www.morgan.edu/finanicalaid for more information about grants or scholarships, loans, or paid employment offered to help a student meet their college expenses. Students can also email email@example.com or call 443-885-3170 for information.
Students who would like to live on campus for fall 2024 should apply as soon as the housing application for fall becomes available. Space is limited. Do not wait until CASA Academy ends. Visit www.morgan.edu/residencelife for more information, or call the Office of Residence Life and Housing at 443-885-3217.
Center for Academic Success and Achievement (CASA)
Tyler Hall, Suite 117
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251