School of Education & Urban Studies
Welcome to the School of Education and Urban Studies at Morgan State University. The mission of the School of Education and Urban Studies (SEUS) is to prepare a culturally and ethnically diverse student body to serve, with distinction, in the field of education and urban studies.
The programs in SEUS provide quality teaching, research and service to:
- Meet the needs of the culturally diverse populations in urban settings
- Provide knowledge, values, and skills for undergraduate and graduate students
- Prepare professionals and change agents to improve the quality of life of urbanpopulations
- Plan policies and programs that respond to societal problems.
The School is organized into three departments, each headed by a department chairperson. The departments are:
- Advanced Studies, Leadership, and Policy
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Teacher Education and Professional Development
The Center for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education (CEMSE) is a special unit in the School which provides experiential opportunities for secondary teachers and students in the areas of science, engineering, technology, and mathematics. The School also offers two graduate online programs, the Community College Leadership Doctoral Program which prepares students for leadership roles and professional positions within the community college setting and the Master of Education in Community College Administration & Instruction, which equips students with administrative or teaching competencies for the community college sector.
Glenda Prime, PhD