PhD in Social Work
- GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for the last two years of undergraduate work
- GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale on all postgraduate studies beyond the baccalaureate degree
- MSW Degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited program.
- Persons with other related graduate degrees may apply but they will be required to enroll in a social work urban practice internship
- Due to the disruptions associated with COVID-19, the GRE requirement has been suspended for the 2021/2022 admissions cycle.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae documenting professional experiences
- A Personal Background Statement
- Applicants must respond to the following questions,
- Tell us about yourself and your professional experiences;
- What are your research interests;
- When did you take your last research course;
- How do the goals of the Ph.D. program advance your goals as a scholar/researcher;
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- One sample of professional writing, which can include a publication and research proposal abstract if available
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a recent work experience, and two academic references
- Interview with the Ph.D. Committee
- International students, whose native language is not English, must provide a TOEFL score of 550 or higher and demonstrate through the required written documentation and interview that they have the requisite verbal and analytical skills needed to successfully complete the program.
- A graduate application and financial aid information can be obtained from Morgan State University School of Graduate Studies. By going to this website, applicants can also apply online to the Ph.D. program. The application deadline is February 1st.
Dr. Jerome Schiele
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Jenkins Behavioral Science Building, Rm. 343
Baltimore, MD 21251