Information Science & Systems
Dr. Xingxing Zu
Office: GSBM 530
Ph.D. Clemson University, Clemson, SC , Operations Management, 2005
Prof. Xingxing Zu is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Information Science & Systems. Prof. Zu received bachelor and master degrees in Industrial Engineering at Tianjin University and a Ph.D. in Operation Management at Clemson University. She has teaching and research experiences in the areas of operations management, supply chain management, quality management/Six Sigma/lean, quality and risk management in project management, statistics, sustainable operations management, etc.
Prof. Zu's research interests include:
- Implementation of business process improvement methods such as total quality management, six sigma, and lean in manufacturing and service industries
- Quality assurance in global supply chain
- Sustainable operations management applications and impacts
- He, Z., Deng, Y., Zhang, M., Zu, X., and Antony, J. 2017. An empirical investigation of the relationship between Six Sigma practices and organisational innovation. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 28(5-6), 459-480.
- Custis, C., Zaveri, J., Zu, X., Ramsey, G., and Austin, N. 2015. What are the factors affecting a firm's ability to innovate? International Journal of Strategic Management, 15(2), 29-56.
- Xia, Y., Zu, X., and Shi, C. 2015. A profit-driven approach to building a "people-responsible" supply chain. European Journal of Operational Research, 241(2), 348-360.
- Foster, M.K., Abbey, A., Callow, M., Zu, X., and Wilbon, A.D. 2015. Rethinking virtuality and its impact on teams. Small Group Research, 43 (2), 159-185.
- Zhu, X., Zu, X., Zhu, L., and Ma, H. 2015. A Strategic Analysis of Mixed Channel Structure: Retail Store Ownership. International Journal of Business Analytics, 2(1), 39-59.
- Zu, X., Cui, Y. 2013. An empirical model of supplier relation and management for better quality. International Journal of Applied Management Science, 5(3), 217-233.
- Zu, X., and Kaynak, H. 2012. An agency theory perspective on supply chain quality management. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 32(4), 423-446.
- Zu, X., Yao, D.Q., and Zhu, X.W. 2011. Quality management in China: The effect of firm characteristics and cultural profile. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 28(8), 800-821.
- Zu, X., Robbins, T., and Fredendall, L.D. 2010. Mapping the critical links between organizational culture and TQM/Six Sigma practices. International Journal of Production Economics, 123(1), 86-106.
- Zu, X., and Fredendall, L.D. 2009 Enhancing Six Sigma implementation through human resource management. Quality Management Journal, 16(4).
- Zu, X. 2009. Infrastructure and core quality management practices: How do they affect quality? International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 26(2), 129-149.
- Zu, X., Fredendall, L.D., and Douglas, T.J. 2008. The evolving theory of quality management: The role of Six Sigma. Journal of Operations Management, 26(5), 630-650.
- Radhakrishnan, A., Zu, X., and Grover, V. 2008. A process-oriented perspective on differential business value creation by information technology: An empirical investigation. Omega, 36(6), 1105-1125.