History & Geography
Dr. Mark Barnes
Office: 324 BSSC
North American geography; climate and society; environmental policy and planning; transportation; urban studies
Ph.D. Geography - Rutgers, The State Univ. of New Jersey
M.A. Urban Studies - Temple Univ.
B.A. Geography and Planning - West Chester Univ.
- Introduction to Geography
- Principles of Human Geography
- Geography of Africa
- Morales, H. and Barnes, M. (2018). The Baltimore Mural Project: An approach to threshold concepts in religious studies. Teaching Theology & Religion 21(3): 185 - 196.
- Barnes, M. (2017). His Work/Our Work: Advancing the learning values of James Kenneth Mitchell's Hazards in Context Framework. Journal of Extreme Events 3(2): DOI: 10.1142/S2345737616710081
- "Transportation Adaptation to Climate Change," in Encyclopedia of Transportation, eds. M. Garrett and G.G. Golson (forthcoming, 2014).
- "Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change: an Assessment of Current Research," in Handbook of Climate Change and Society, ed. C. Lever-Tracy (Routledge, 2009). [co-authored with R. Leichenko and A. Thomas]
- "Giving and Getting: Philanthropic Activity among Black Greek-Letter Organizations," in Black Greek-Letter Organizations in the 21st Century: Our Fight has Just Begun, ed. G. Parks (Univ. Press of Kentucky, 2008). [co-authored with M. Gasman and P. Louison]
Department of History, Geography, and Museum Studies
Dr. Daryl Scott
Morgan State University
Martin D. Jenkins Hall
Behavioral & Social Sciences Center
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
1600 Havenwood Road
Baltimore, MD 21218
View on Campus Map