Academic Technology Services
We provide support for the innovative and imaginative use of technology to strengthen teaching, learning, and scholarship. Our staff specializes in instructional design, educational multimedia, and professional development. We work with academic and administrative units to bring to life their training, teaching and learning goals.
Consult with us! Contact us to find out how we can help you:
- Enhance your course with technology
- Increase online accessibility
- Engage students online and in-person
- Create instructional and training videos
Canvas, Our Learning Management System
How can we help you?
Find instructional technology workshops (Canvas/Panopto/Respondus etc) on our calendar. Are you looking for training on Google, MS Office, Adobe and other office technologies? Access Hoonuit video repository and search for your topic.
Accessibility Resources: We are committed to providing the resources needed to create accessible content. This section contains resources for creating accessible material as well as the accessibility statements for third-party software services we utilize.
Canvas, our Learning Management System (LMS): Canvas is the LMS for the Morgan community. Find tutorials and best practices for faculty, staff and students. Canvas enables you to add online content, videos, tests, and assignments, and also has communication tools to support learning for all. Canvas should be used for all course formats, such as face to face, hybrid or fully online. Canvas Information for Faculty || Canvas Information for Students
Multimedia for Learning:
- Panopto Video: Create simple, pro-quality multimedia presentations for students, staff, and peers. Record & Go Studio - Use ATS's studio to produce your instructional or training videos.
- NBC Learn: A collection of more than 19,000 videos, documents, and images that can be incorporated into lectures and online courses.
- Hoonuit (formerly, Atomic Learning): Online video training library. Quickly search for videos that provide answers to many of your questions and learn at your own pace!
Online Course Design: Learn how to plan and create your next online course. Contact our staff to learn more.
Teach Online: Learn to Teach Online: This 4-week online workshop gives you the skills needed to teach an online or hybrid course. The course is facilitated by our ATS staff.
Teaching with Technology: Find ideas for using technology to enhance your course. Includes Student Response Systems, Gaming & Concept Maps.
Video Production Services: Contact ATS staff to let us help you plan and produce your instructional or training videos!
Web Conference/Virtual Classroom: Use Big Blue Button to facilitate synchronous sessions, hold virtual office hours, or record your presentation. Big Blue Button is available for Canvas courses. Google Meet is another tool available for virtual meetings.
Earl S. Richardson Library, 212
Karen Rubinstein, Director
Devron Thornton, Instructional Media Coordinator
Heather Laird, Instructional Technology Specialist