PhD University of South Florida
MS University of Maryland
MBA University of Maryland
BS Florida A&M University
Corporate Governance; Finance and Politics; Finance and Labor Economics; Sports and Labor Economics
Refereed Journal Publications:
- Do Sentimental Investors Price Rational Information? Evidence from the Boston Celtics, Forthcoming, Managerial Finance.
- The Effect of Superstar Gig Workers on Shareholder Value: Evidence from Professional Wrestling, Forthcoming, Managerial Finance.
- Measuring the Effect of Labor-Management Complementarities on Production and Efficiency, Eastern Economic Journal 44, 2018, 535-557.
- Relative Home-Court Advantage: The Impact of Travel on Team Production When One Team is Closer than its Opponent to a Neutral Game Site, Managerial and Decision Economics 38 (1), 2017, 76-91.
- The Joint Effect of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Earnings Management on Credit Ratings, Journal of Accounting and Finance 15(4), 2015, 77-94.
- S&P 500 Inclusion Announcements and Downstream Customer Industries, Journal of Accounting and Finance 13 (5), 2013, 94-102.
- Capital Structure, Earnings Management, and Sarbanes-Oxley: Evidence from Canadian and U.S. Firms, Accounting Horizons 27 (2), 2013, 301-318.
- "Corporate Bond Markets," in Debt Markets and Investments, edited by H. Kent Baker, Greg Filbeck, and Andrew Spieler. Forthcoming, Oxford University Press.
- (Summary) "The Effect of Gig Workers on Stock Prices," Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog (http://clsbluesky.law.columbia.edu/).
- (Summary) "Capital Structure, Earnings Management, and Sarbanes-Oxley: Evidence from Canadian and U.S. Firms," in Auditing Section Research Summaries Space of the American Accounting Association (www.auditingresearchsummaries.org).