Internal Audit & Management Review
Mission & Vision
Internal Audit will assist the University in accomplishing its overall objectives by ensuring risk management practices are integrated into business processes. We will achieve this through:
- Identifying and evaluating business risks;
- Assessing business processes and internal controls for effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with requirements;
- Investigating suspected misuse of resources;
- Advancing recommendations to improve the internal control system;
- Validating management's corrective actions; and
- Communicating results to the President, Board of Regents, and other impacted stakeholders.
Internal Audit will:
- Provide independent and objective assurance, consulting, and training services designed to add value and improve the University's operations and internal control environment to the highest extent possible;
- Promote good stewardship of University resources and the highest level of integrity at all times;
- Be viewed as a leader in Higher Education internal auditing.