School of Business & Management
The Blockchain and FinTech Society
Get the opportunity to
- Learn more about this transformational technology that is reshaping the world of business and finance
- Get practical hands-on, real-time, training with Blockchain and Fintech
- Gain experience that will make your resume more appealing in the job market
- Collaborate with students at other universities
By getting involved in:
- Attending meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences hosted by the Fintech Center
- Competing in Cryptocurrency Investment Challenges and other case competitions
- Making contacts with potential employers to explore internships
- Joining a national network of HBCU Student Blockchain Clubs
Meet the Leaders
Michael Ligons, President
Gerard Charlot, Vice President
The FinTech Center works with students and faculty on HBCU campuses to encourage the creation of Student Blockchain Clubs.
These student-run organizations reach across departmental lines to welcome students from all majors who are interested in and excited about learning about blockchain and FinTech.
These clubs provide opportunities for students to educate and empower themselves and gain the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in this whole new world.
Drawing on the resources of faculty and private sector experts they explore professional opportunities for internships, employment, and starting their own companies using blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
Rising to the challenge of virtual college campuses, student blockchain clubs continue to plan activities that go beyond face-to-face meetings. In the fall of 2020, the Morgan Student Blockchain Club will lead the way by creating a Cryptocurrency Investment Challenge. Students will be given fiat currency to invest in whichever cryptocurrencies they choose. Winners will be chosen based on their portfolio's performance.