How to Submit Unofficial Transcripts
For Your Convenience
Morgan State University will accept unofficial transcripts for applicants applying for the winter 2021, spring 2021, or fall 2021 terms. There must be a documented critical need to submit an unofficial transcript(s). Please send your request for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If approved to submit an unofficial transcript it may be used during the evaluation of your application. However, you will need to submit a final official transcript by the start of classes for your term.
- Winter 2020 Term: November 1, 2020
- Spring 2021 Term: November 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Term: May 1, 2021
How to Submit
If approved, unofficial transcripts should be emailed to email@example.com. Please use these guidelines to submit successfully:
- Obtain an electronic copy of your unofficial transcript, or scan a copy of a physical transcript, front and back. We recommend using an app such as Tiny Scanner to scan a transcript with your phone.
- Your first and last name, the institution name, and other identifying marks should be legible and not missed or cut off during the scanning process.
- Include the transcript legend (usually this is the back page of the transcript).
- Send each transcript as one PDF file. Each page should be legible and the transcript pages in order. Transcripts from different institutions should not be combined.
- Preview your PDF for image quality BEFORE you send it, to ensure that the document is complete and readable.
- Do not mark or alter your transcript. If a transcript is marked or altered it may be disqualified for use in the admission review process.
- Do not include any syllabi or extra documents in your PDF(s).
- Do not send secure PDFs and non-legible scans are NOT acceptable. If your document is not legible, the processing of your application will be delayed.
- Do not mail in a copy of an unofficial transcript as this will create significant processing delays!
- Do not send a degree audit instead of an unofficial transcript, as this will not be processed. Only unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
Email one copy of your transcript from each high school that you attended. While credits from one high school may appear on the transcript of a second high school, transcripts must be submitted from each high school. Standardized test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.
Email one copy of your transcript from each undergraduate institution that you attended. This includes community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs. While credits from one undergraduate institution may appear on the transcript of a second institution, transcripts must be submitted from each institution, regardless of the length of attendance, and whether or not courses were completed.
For all international academic work, you must provide an evaluated secondary school record or high school transcript. A course-by-course evaluated transcript is required from each college or university attended outside of the U.S. Unofficial US high school and/or undergraduate transcripts may be accepted following the guidelines above.
Submitting an unofficial transcript does not replace submitting an official transcript. You must still submit an official transcript before the start of classes for your term.