Borrow/Renew Library Materials
The Circulation Department administers the Library's loan policy and procedures. It is located at the main entrance and is staffed all hours that the Library is open.
- Current MSU Faculty, Staff and Students need a Bear Necessity Card to borrow from the main and course reserve collections.
- USMAI borrowers need a current photo ID from their home institution.
- All borrowers must renew their library access one year from the date of activation. Please come in or call 443-885-3477.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended due to excess fines or overdue materials.
- Faculty/ Staff: Semester
- Graduate and Undergraduate Students: 4 weeks
- Faculty /Staff: Unlimited if there is no HOLD pending
- Students: Unlimited, if there is no HOLD pending
- Renewals may be requested in person or online through the USMAI catalog and click on My Account. If items are overdue any overdue fines must be paid before renewing.
Overdue items & fines
- Overdue Notice is sent to the borrower 14 days after the due date
- $0.25 per item, per day on the 4th day past due date
- $10.00 maximum fine per item
Lost/unreturned item & fee
- A lost book is one that is reported lost by the borrower or that is more than 45 days overdue.
- Lost book charge is $60, plus a $20 processing fee
- The Library will mail you a bill. These charges will be posted on your record as well and you will be informed by the Circulation Desk staff when you renew or charge out materials.
Refunds for replacement charges
- Library materials returned, in good condition, within 30 days after replacement fees are paid will be refunded less the 10.00 maximum late fine. No refunds after 30 days of payment for lost items. Items damaged beyond repair will be discarded. Damaged items will not be returned to students.
- A patron may request that a TRACE be placed on material designated as available in the USMAI catalog but not found in the stacks.
Reserves Fines Policy
- $0.25 per hour. Overdue fine applies after 2 hours of check out time
- Items will be billed as lost on the following day if not returned
- Patron will pay $80.00 fine for each item billed as "lost"
- If "lost" item is returned, patron will be billed only the total of overdue hourly fines incurred at the time of return. Maximum is $25.00
For more Circulation information please call (443) 885-3477.
Earl S. Richardson Library
Text: askmorganlibrary + your question to 66746
Sun: 1 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 8 am - 12 am
Fri: 8 am - 9 pm
Sat: 9 am - 6 pm