Upon Receiving A Bomb Threat by Phone:
- Remain calm.
- Listen carefully.
- Do not interrupt the caller:
- Try to keep the caller talking;
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible;
- Do not anger the caller;
- Write down exactly what the caller says.
- Obtain information necessary to complete Bomb Threat Data Reports. These forms can be downloaded from the Morgan State University Police web site.
- Keep a copy of the form at your workstation.
- Try to determine
a) Time device is set to detonate;
b) Device location;
c) Description of device;
d) Type of explosive utilized;
e) What will cause the device to detonate;
f) If the caller is responsible for placing the device;
g) Why the device was placed;
h) Name, address, and phone number of caller;
i) Organization represented by the caller;
j) Exact wording of threat;
k) Time and length of call and number call was made to;
l) Age, gender, and voice characteristics of caller; and
m) Background noises in the calls.
- Notify MSUPD - (443) 885 3103 or ext. 3103
- Do not erase threats if they are left on voice mail.
- Notify your supervisor.
- Meet and cooperate with responding University Police personnel.