Physical Education Program
The Physical Education Program has primary responsibility for the preparation of physical educators and practitioners in the field. Within the Physical Education major, there are academic tracks in the areas of Dance Education, Recreation and Parks, Sports Administration, and Teacher Education. Each track leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education with specialties in the respective areas.
(1) To provide students with learning experiences that increase their capacity to achieve and retain a level of optimal health and well-being related to the physical, emotional, social, mental, and spiritual dimensions of healthful living
(2) To provide students, with a sound foundation in their field of specialization by providing instruction and supervised internship/practicums in Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
(3) To provide departmental resources that enable students/faculty to enhance their success in their select areas of interest through research and creative activity
(4) To provide service to the academic community-at-large, and the State of Maryland by supporting the mission of Morgan State University as Maryland's premier public urban university, specifically for health promotion and physical fitness.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Education
• Certification in Physical Education K-12