International Students

Please note the international student webpages for the School of Graduate Studies are being updated. Please refer to the below for general information on the application and enrollment process for international students. If you have any questions, please contact the School of Graduate Studies at (443) 885-3185 or .


International Student Packet

All Non-U.S. Citizens MUST check in with the International Student Advisor office prior to registration.  He is located in Montebello Complex D-Wing Room 206.  His office number is 443.885.3038

The University is authorized by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to issue visa documents for students (the F-1 visa). Following academic admission to a degree program, the School of Graduate Studies reviews the language, financial, and visa qualifications of the applicant. If all documentation is in order, a "Certificate of Eligibility" (I-20 form) is issued to the prospective student. In order to request a visa for entry to the U.S. as a student, the Certificate of Eligibility (the I-20 form) must be submitted to a US Embassy or Consulate, along with a passport and other documents indicating the purpose for being in the US Certificates of Eligibility are not issued to students who qualify only for conditional admission, or those wanting to pursue studies on a part-time basis.

The F-1 visa is appropriate for most international students. The tourist visa (B-2 visa) is generally inappropriate for students who wish to pursue study towards an academic degree since the term of the B-2 visa is likely to expire prior to the completion of degree requirements. A B-2 prospective student visa may, under certain conditions (for example, where there is an express intent to file for a change of status, i.e., from B-2 to F-1), be an appropriate option for a few international students considering full time studies at Morgan. International students with F-1 visas must maintain full-time student status during the academic year (i.e., both Fall and Spring semesters). Before transferring to another college or university, they must attend the University (i.e., the institution that issued the I-20 form used to apply for entry to the US) for at least 1 semester.

INFORMATION ON I-20 documents

If you are requesting your documents to be picked up by a courier service (DHL, Federal Express), you need to provide them with your name, contact information and the documents that they need to pick up from our office. NO documents will be released if the driver cannot identify you.


Click on the links below to download forms used commonly by international students admitted to a degree program at Morgan State and seeking the F-1 student visa.  

see also:  Application Process for International Students