NIST Professional Research Experience Program (PREP)
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) was created by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) with the goal of providing valuable laboratory experience and financial assistance to undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, and faculty. The program is intended to assure continued growth and progress of highly skilled science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) workforce in the United States.
In partnership with Johns Hopkins University, NIST PREP provides opportunities for Morgan State University students, postdocs and faculty to conduct research in partnership with NIST scientists through the NIST Gaithersburg Campus. Undergraduate and graduate students may be eligible for paid research positions, with the opportunity for tuition assistance for graduate students.
Currently Open Positions:
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Chemical Assessment of Surface and Air
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Evaluation and Modeling of Aged Building Integrated Photovoltaic Modules
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Hardware/Software Integration and Automation Support
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Technical Language Processing for Resilience and Smart Manufacturing
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Industrial Artificial Intelligence (IAI) Management and Metrology
- NIST Community Resilience Research Opportunity in Community Social Equity & Environmental Justice
- NIST PREP Research Opportunity in Wireless Communication Algorithms
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Useable Cybersecurity
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Exporting Large Stitched Microscopy Images in Java
- NIST PREP Opportunity in Machine Learning for Identifying Datasets in Research Papers