Mission & Vision
The School of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences (SCMNS) is comprised of five departments: Biology (including the Medical Technology Program), Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics (including the Actuarial Science Program) and Physics (including Engineering Physics). The School also offers three Master's degrees: Bioinformatics, Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and two Ph.D. degrees: Bioenvironmental Science and Industrial & Computational Mathematics.
The School of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences envisions itself to be a premier school of science and mathematics through transformational education to a diverse student body.
The mission of the School is to provide a comprehensive offering of undergraduate, master's and doctoral programs to educate and nurture the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and technologists; to advance the frontiers of science and technology through scientific research and innovation; and to serve the local, regional and global communities.
The strategic initiatives include:
- Strengthen the infrastructure for effective recruitment, retention and graduation.
- Provide transformational instruction and content delivery with state-of-the-art curricula, advisement and a nurturing environment.
- Expand academic program offerings including new and online degree programs.
- Enhance research and scholarly activities including the improvement of infrastructure and capabilities.
- Expand partnerships and collaborations with academic institutions, industries and federal agencies.
- Build a model working environment for collaboration and a fulfilling life-journey for employees.