First-Year Advising and Retention
Bridging the Gap between Matriculation and Graduation
- To offer outstanding academic and career advisement.
- To provide students with information and academic experiences that assist them in achieving academic success.
- To improve SCMNS retention and graduation rates.
- To increase the numbers of new incoming STEM students into SCMNS curricula.
- To provide SCMNS students with peer tutoring /mentoring services.
- To increase both student involvement and awareness of MSU/SCMNS resources and activities.
WHAT WE DO:
- Confer with students about problems and academic/social adjustment concerns.
- Monitor student academic progress and identify at-risk students.
- Contact and advise students who have not met their financial obligations.
- Apprise students of scholarship and internship opportunities.
- Proctor Accuplacer Tests and CLA (longitudinal study assessing student learning outcomes).
- Teach Freshmen Orientation Classes.
Rolicia Martin, Retention Coordinator
Office: Spencer Hall 112
Phone: (443) 885-3701