- Paid "hands-on" research training opportunities while working in research laboratories at Morgan State University or at outside collaborating institutions.
- Paid travel to conferences.
- Mentorship in research and career path.
- Assistance with the preparation of graduate school applications.
- Networking opportunities
- Summer and academic year workshops to help craft research skills, science identity, and learn about career opportunities
- Ethics and Professional Conduct Training
- Structured training in scientific writing skills (Mandated course are BIOL 450 and 451)
- Weekly research seminars during the academic year, highlighting influential research professionals from various biomedical backgrounds.
- Opportunities to present research findings throughout the academic year.
- Work 15 hours/week during the academic year and 40 hours/ week during the summer.
- During senior apply to at least five PhD programs
- Take GRE the summer before applying to graduate schools
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Attend and present research findings to at least one scientific conferences
- Attend all RISE activities including interdisciplinary seminars
- First year RISE scholars must attend the summer research training program at Morgan
- RISE fellows must apply to at least five summer internships