The 3+2 Programs
The accelerated 3+2 Programs (Bachelor of Science in Architecture & Environmental Design PLUS Master of Architecture; Master of City and Regional Planning; or Master of Landscape Architecture)are open to undergraduate students in their second* year of an associate degree program in architecture and second* and/or third year of the AREN program. Students in this competitive program can earn their accredited professional degree in either Architecture, City and Regional Planning, or Landscape Architecture within five years of full-time study.
Minimum Admission Requirements to submit an application:
- Students must earn a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Morgan State University students must earn a minimum grade of 'B' in all AREN required courses within the first six (6) semesters of the AREN curriculum.
- Students must have a 'C' or better in all General Education courses.
- Transfer students, from two-year institutions, must earn a minimum grade of 'B' for all courses transferring as AREN major requirements.
- Students interested in the Masters in Architecture program, in the third year of the AREN program, must take and pass with a grade of 'B', ARCH 311-Statics and Strength of Materials and ARCH 312-Building Structural Systems or its equivalent from a sending institution.
- Submit 3+2 Application via online: https://morganstate.embark.com/auth/login by March 30th for fall admission. There is a $40 Application Fee.
- Letter/Statement of Intent (Personal Statement).
- Official transcript(s).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: Portfolio (For Architecture and Landscape Architecture Only)
- Morgan State University students: one letter of recommendation must be from your ARCH 104, 201, 202 or 301 instructor. The other letters of recommendation must be from an individual who can assess your potential as an architecture student.
- New Transfer Students: one letter must be from your sending institution's department head/chair. The other letters must be from individuals who can assess your potential as a graduate student.
Please address/mail your portfolio by March 30th to:
School of Architecture and Planning
The 3+2 Program
Morgan State University
1700 East Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
The 3+2 application packet (policies and requirements) will be available soon
For more information the 3+2 Program, Contact:
Master of Architecture: Dr. Mohammad Gharipour (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Master of City and Regional Planning: Dr. Daniel Campo (email@example.com)
Master of Landscape Architecture: Laurel McSherry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
POLICIES AND DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.