Morgan’s Fall 2021 Semester Reopening Plan
Morgan State University plans to resume full on-campus operations (in-person learning, residential living, and campus life) in the fall 2021 semester.
By mandating the COVID-19 vaccination for those on campus, potential spread of COVID-19 will be minimized – providing a safer campus community. This page details the reopening plan for the Fall 2021 semester.
- The academic calendar for the fall is planned to begin on August 23, 2021 and end on December 9, 2021.
- The majority of courses will no longer be exclusively delivered remotely, unless they were previously offered online (prior to the start of the Spring 2020 semester).
- All instructors must have a contingency plan and be ready to switch to online instruction.
- In-person advising and faculty office hours are preferred. Depending on the circumstances, advisors/faculty may make use of virtual formats.
- On campus housing will return to close to pre-COVID levels. The majority of rooms will have double-occupancy. Few single occupancy rooms may be available.
- All students in residential housing will be required to sign the University's Pandemic Housing Agreement and acknowledge the Community Responsibility Social Compact agreement.
- In-person student activities will resume. COVID-19 precautions (masking, physical distancing, gathering limitations) may apply.
- Dining services will resume to pre-COVID hours. Tables will have protective shields and some tables will have reduced seating for those who wish to maintain physical distance. The Bite App will be available for grab and go options.
- Richardson Library will resume to pre-COVID operations.
- The University Chapel will resume in-person services.
- Transportation (shuttle buses or vehicles) will be operational to support movement of students. Masks will be required while on MSU Bear Transit.
- In preparation for the new academic year, faculty and staff will begin to return on August 2, 2021. At this point, the University will be in full campus operations.
- Students and employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain a medical or religious exemption.
- Masks will not be required for fully vaccinated students or employees unless participating in the following activities:
- Healthcare Services: Obtaining or offering healthcare services, including without limitation, in the University Health Center, Testing Center, Counseling Center
- MSU Bear Transit: Utilizing Morgan's Bear Transit transportation services.
- Activities with K-12 Students: Participating in gatherings or activities that primarily include elementary or secondary school aged children within Morgan facilities.
- Masks will be required for un-vaccinated students and employees.
- Masks will be required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.