Bb Tests and Surveys
You can use quizzes, tests, and surveys to measure student knowledge, gauge progress, and gather information from students. This page is divided into the following topic areas:
- Create your Test/Survey --Survey creation follows the same steps as for tests -- just select the Survey option when creating
- Secure your Test with Respondus Lockdown Browser or Monitor (OPTIONAL)
- Post Test/Survey Management
- Copy or Move Tests/Surveys
Remind your students that they need to use a wired connection when they take tests. Wireless connections are more prone to network issues. The stability of the signal depends on how long and how much bandwidth students draw, similar to 4G phone data connections.
Test Creation Tutorial: Overview of the Entire Process
This video is an overview of how to create a test, add questions, and make the test available to students. Please scroll down for more detailed instructions. Written instructions for the full test creation process (image below from help.blackboard.com)
Create your Test: Basics
Create a Test || Video - How to create a Test
Test Question Types & Add Questions to your Test (over a dozen options)
Reuse Questions & Tests
Test Options - Make your test available to students, set timer, date limits and feedback options.
Test Exceptions - used to allow individual students more time or additional attempts
OPTIONAL: Use Respondus Test Creation software to import a test from Word (or to print an existing Bb test).
OPTIONAL: Secure your Test with Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor:
- Grade a Test
- Resolve Student Issues!
- Clear a Student's Test Attempt
- Allow Additional Attempts (Test Exceptions)
- View Attempts & Grade Details
- View and Download Test/Survey Results
- Test Item Analysis
- View Test or Survey Results - View statistics and download results
Copy or Move Tests
- Copy ONE Test to another Bb course
- Copy ALL Tests to another Bb course
- Move a Test to another location in the current course.
- Deploy a Test from the Control Panel to a Bb Content Area