Bb Content Management
This page provides instructions for modifying your course menu, adding and organizing course material, adding multi-media and working with publisher's material.
- Sort your Course List: View the course list on your Bb home page by term/year or alphabetically.
- Edit Personal Settings: Change text size on the screen, contrast, and tool tip options.
Add Content to your Course
Edit Mode! Turn it ON -- Edit Mode MUST be on to modify your course!
Modify the Course Menu
Adding Basic Content
Organize your Course Material
Folders: Folders keep content organized, compartmentalized, and easy to find. Folders are containers that store a collection of content materials (items, websites, assignments, assessments, activities).
Learning Modules: Similar to folders, Learning Modules allow students to navigate sequentially through items, websites, assessments, activities etc. Learning Modules feature an interactive "Table of Contents."
Add Videos and Multimedia
In Bb, you have the ability to add video and multimedia resources to your courses; as introductions, examples, supplementary material, and even as graded assessments. Explore your options:
- Mashups: add YouTube Video, Flickr images, social media links and more.
- NBC Learn: add news segments, mini documentaries, and historical media.
- Atomic Learning Tutorials: (login to view) assign instructional videos.
- Panopto Video: create or upload videos for your students, add a quiz or knowledge check, and use automatic captions for greater accessibility.
- Embed Media from outside sources: Voki, Kanopy, Pintrest etc.
Checking your Course from the Students' POV
Copy or Move Course Material
- Copy or Move items within and between courses
Bb Content Editors
Advanced Content Management
- Adaptive Release | Adaptive Release Examples Adaptive release should be used only when you need specific items to be 'released' to particular students or groups, or released under certain situations. Generally, do not use Adaptive Release for tests or assignments in which you have already set the date "display after" and "display until" options.
- Use the Content Collection:
Textbook publishers provide excellent content you can use to enhance your courses; from lecture presentations, to assignments, and assessments. It can all integrate seamlessly with your Bb course:
McGraw Hill (Connect)
- Pair Bb with a Connect Session | Prepare Students to use Connect
- Support Documentation | Technical Support
Pearson: The Building Block
Earl S. Richardson Library, 212
Karen Rubinstein, Director
Devron Thornton, Instructional Media Coordinator