Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor Information
Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor
Respondus LockDown BrowserTM is a customized browser that increases the security of test delivery in Canvas. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser to access an exam, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Once an assessment is started, students are locked into it until it's submitted for grading. Respondus Monitor builds upon the power of LockDown Browser®, and uses a student's webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent cheating during non-proctored exams. Monitor is appropriate for online courses where students take an exam from an off-campus location.
- Demonstration of Lockdown Browser (Video)
- Demonstration of Respondus Monitor (Video)
- How to Prepare an Exam for Lockdown Browser and/or Monitor (Video)
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Syllabus Wording
- Additional Resources for Lockdown Browser
- Additional Resources for Monitor
Faculty may participate in the Respondus Workshop course for complete instructions and details.
Respondus Lockdown Browser System Requirements
Best Practice: Give students a 'practice quiz' -- a low stakes or zero point quiz so they can practice using Lockdown Browser/Monitor.
Instructions for Students
Students: you can use Respondus Lockdown Browser in a Morgan State University computer lab, or you can download the software to your personal computer (or iOs device). If you would like the Respondus Lockdown Browser software for your computer, please log into Canvas and click the HELP button. You will find the link to the software download there.
Lockdown Browser & Monitor Demonstration for Students (video).
Take a Test with Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor:
- Open Respondus Lockdown browser from the computer desktop (or ios App)
- Go to Canvas and log in.
- Access your course via the Dashboard and find and begin your exam