Office of Human Resources
Open Enrollment Information
Open Enrollment Period is October 18, 2021 - November 12, 2021
OPEN ENROLLMENT ACCESS
2021 Open Enrollment will completely be virtual for all employees. Your rates, benefit guides and other enrollment information can be found on the State of Maryland Employee Benefits web page. (this will be posted to their site on October 13, 2021. This site will provide you with information regarding rates, Benefit guides and any benefit changes for the 2022 Benefit Plan Year.
"ONELOGIN" WORKDAY REQUIREMENT
The State of Maryland has provided a security layer to SPS Workday that involves an additional authentication (personal identifier) method to signing onto Workday. If you have not used this system or are a new hire, this one time set-up that is required before using the benefit enrollment application. We recommend that you do this before open enrollment begins. You cannot log into Workday if this authentication method is not established. Click HERE to review the OneLogin Instructions.
NOT CHANGING BENEFITS?
If you have Benefits now and do not want to change anything for 2022, AND you do not want to participate in Flexible Spending Accounts, you do not have to submit an Open Enrollment event. Your current Benefits will carry over to the new plan year on January 1, 2022.
FLEX SPENDING ACCOUNTS
If you are currently enrolled in a Flexible Spending or Dependent Account, you MUST re-enroll during open enrollment. These amounts are based on the taxable/calendar year. Therefore, what you have elected in 2021 will not automatically roll over to the 2022 plan year. If you currently are not enrolled in any Flexible Spending or Dependent Account, you can enroll during the open enrollment period. (Note, your election will become effective on 01/01/2022).
ADDING A NEW DEPENDENT
If you will be adding a new dependent during Open Enrollment for January 1, 2022 coverage, please review this link for the documents that will be required with your Open Enrollment event submission.
- Remember, You MUST SUBMIT the required supporting documentation for ALL NEWLY ADDED or RE-ENROLLED DEPENDENTS. If you do not attach the required documentation the dependent will be removed from coverage and will be ineligible to enroll until the next qualifying life event or Open Enrollment.
- "NEWLY ADDED DEPENDENTS" are dependents that you have NEVER covered before
- "RE-ENROLLED DEPENDENTS" are dependents that had been covered at one time in the past, but had a break in coverage during 2021, current plan year.
PENDING LIFE EVENTS IN WORKDAY
Complete any current LIFE EVENTS (marriage, birth, hire, etc.) that you have open currently (i.e. events that you have started and are still in progress within the last 60-days) If you have had a recent Benefits event and do not know the status, you should:
- Make sure to have submitted the Life Event and there are no benefit events pending in your Workday Inbox.
- You will need to complete your pending Benefit Event for the 2021 plan year, then you will receive a notification to complete your Open Enrollment event for the 2022 Plan Year. You will not be able to complete the Open Enrollment event until you complete the "Life Event".
LEAVE BANK ENROLLMENT 2021
If you are currently enrolled in the State of Maryland Employee Leave Bank program, Open Enrollment is the time to review your status. Employees are enrolled in the Leave Bank Program for a 2-year period. It is the employee's responsibility to monitor their enrollment to re-enroll. If your enrollment is near expiration (two-year period), and you wish to re-enroll, you can ONLY do this during the Open Enrollment Period. If you have never been active in the Leave Bank Program and would like to enroll, you can ONLY do so during the Open Enrollment period. Please email email@example.com for enrollment forms and assistance. (NOTE: you cannot enroll in the Leave Program through Workday). For new hires seeking to enroll in this program, you must enroll within the first 60-days of employment.