2019 Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment Period is
October 15-November 14, 2019
OPEN ENROLLMENT ACCESS
All employee Open Enrollment events will be completed ONLINE- NO IVR and NO PAPER FORMS? (Same for contractual employees)
NOT CHANGING BENEFITS?
If you have Benefits now and do not want to change anything for 2020, AND you do not want to participate in Flexible Spending Accounts, you do not have to submit an Open Enrollment event. Your current Benefits will carry over to the new place year on January 1, 2020.
ADDING A NEW DEPENDENT
If you will be adding a new dependent during Open Enrollment for January 1, 2010 coverage, please review this link for the documents that will be required with your Open Enrollment event submission.
- Remember, You MUST SUBMIT the required supporting documentation for ALL NEWLY ADDED or RE-ENROLLED DEPENDENTS. If you do not attach the required documentation the dependent will be removed from coverage and will be ineligible to enroll until the next qualifying life event or Open Enrollment.
- "NEWLY ADDED DEPENDENTS" are dependents that you have NEVER covered before
- "RE-ENROLLED DEPENDENTS" are dependents that had been covered at one time in the past, but had a break in coverage during 2019, current plan year.
PENDING LIFE EVENTS IN WORKDAY
Complete any current LIFE EVENTS (marriage, birth, hire, etc.) that you have open currently-these are event that you have started and are still in progress within the last 60-days. If you have had a recent Benefits event and do not know the status, you should:
- Make sure to have submitted the Life Event and there are no benefit events pending in your Workday Inbox.
- You will need to complete your new Open Enrollment event for the 2019 plan year, then you will complete a new Open Enrollment event for the 2020 Plan Year. You will not be able to complete the Open Enrollment event until you complete the "Life Event".
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFIT
Click on the link below to review 2020 rates, benefit guide and additional open enrollment resources/instructions. https://dbm.maryland.gov/benefits/pages/default.aspx