Admission to the Honors College
How to Get Into the Clara I. Adams Honors College
1. First-time Freshmen and Transfer Students
Eligible first-time freshmen and transfer students are screened by the Office of Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment for admission to the Honors College. The deadline for priority consideration for admission into the Honors College is 15 November.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a completed undergraduate application. Your scholarship eligibility will be determined by an evaluation of your application by Admissions Office staff.
- If you are awarded an Honors Scholarship, you will be notified in your letter of admission to the University.
- There is no separate application process for admission into the Honors College.
Below are the minimum requirements for consideration:
Minimum GPA: 3.00
Minimum SAT: 1000 (old), 1080 (new) or ACT: 21
Minimum GPA: 3.10
Minimum SAT: 1050 (old), 1120 (new) or ACT: 23
Minimum GPA: 3.00
Minimum of 24 Community College Credit Hours
2. Continuing (Current) Students
Continuing (current) Morgan students who have completed 30-56 credit hours and maintained a minimum GPA of 3.30 may apply for admission to the Honors College. The number of available slots in Honors varies each year, and is dependent upon available funding. The applications for continuing students with be posted on the Honors College website (www.morgan.edu/honorscollege) from 01 January to 31 March each academic year. Selected students will be admitted to the Honors College in the Fall of the next academic year.
3. Acceptance of Admission to the Honors College
Incoming first-time freshmen and transfer students offered admission into the Clara I. Adams Honors College are required to complete and submit an Honors Contract before 01 May each Spring.
Continuing (current) Morgan students offered admission into the Clara I. Adams Honors College are required to complete and submit an Honors Contract before 31 July.