The CONNECT Program
Morgan State University considers the health and welfare of our campus community and guests to be of the utmost importance. We are making efforts to ensure the safety of our campus community and our guests. As such, the Office of Transfer Student Programming is providing full service remotely via our various online and virtual resources. We will respond to your email message to either Raven.Williams@morgan.edu or TSP@morgan.edu within three business days. Additional information on how Morgan is handling this situation can be found at https://www.morgan.edu/coronavirus.
Please make note of the following changes for new fall 2020 Connect students:
- If you have received information indicating that you were referred to the Connect Program but have not yet applied CLICK HERE.
- If you have not already done so, apply to the Connect Program online
- How to pay the non-refundable Connect Program fee of $50.00
- Please DO NOT under any circumstances mail in a check or money order to pay for the non-refundable $50 Connect Program fee. We are working remotely and will not be able to receive and process checks or money orders until further notice. Instead, call the Office of the Bursar at 443-885-2051 on Tuesdays or Thursdays between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to make the payment.
- Be certain to tell the representative you are paying the "Connect Program $50.00 fee for the fall 2020 semester".
- Get a receipt number from the representative.
- Immediately email the receipt number to Raven.Williams@morgan.edu
- How to Receive Your Bearcard
- Until further notice the Bearcard Office in the Montebello Complex Room D-128 will be open on Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12 Noon.
- You must bring two forms of valid ID as well as the receipt number provided at the time of payment
- If you have questions regarding admission, financial aid, or advising, contact the community college you chose to attend. For questions about the Connect Program requirements contact me at Raven.Williams@morgan.edu.
Please make note of the following changes for current Connect Program students:
- If you believe you are on track to transfer to MSU in fall 2020, contact me immediately to schedule an online transition meeting using Google virtual tools to connect. We will discuss where you are academically, and if you are ready to transfer, I will assist you with the Admission application process.
- It is mandatory that mid-term grades be sent to the Connect Coordinator at MSU. Until further notice, you may send those grades electronically by email to Raven.Williams@morgan.edu. Do not forward them by any physical postal service. We are working remotely and will not be able to receive hard copy mail.
- If you have questions regarding transferring to Morgan State University or any Connect Program requirements contact me at Raven.Williams@morgan.edu.
If you have applied to Morgan State University but were not admissible based on your high school GPA and standardized test scores, there is a viable alternative designed just for you! Your present academic record may not be a true indication of your ability or potential. That’s where the Morgan State University Connect Program comes in!
As a Connect student, you will begin your college career at any Maryland community college, enrolling in courses you will later transfer to Morgan*. We will even help design your program of study and monitor your progress to keep you on track. While you are attending the community college, you will enjoy most of the privileges that other Morgan students have (e.g., use of the new library, tutoring, access to all social and sporting events, concerts, and more). After completing 12 to 24 transferable credits (based on your cumulative high school G.P.A.) with a community college grade-point average of at least 2.0, you will transfer to Morgan State University and continue your studies as a student in good standing.
Stay on course, and keep Morgan in your future. Contact Ms. Raven Williams, Program Coordinator and Community College Liaison for more information at 443-885-1585 or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information check out the Connect Program Information Flyer
Have you already been referred to the Connect Program?
Click below to complete the online application.
The following links may assist you in preparing for your community college Accuplacer Test.
*Developmental courses are not transferrable.